Saturday, January 19, 2008

Fuerzabruta!

fuer • za • bru • ta
\ f'where - zah - broo - tah \

1: brute force 2: the new show from the creators of DE LA GUARDA 3: a 360° heart-pounding theatrical experience

Here's the e-mail I sent out to my network before ever even seeing the show (Dated Friday October 12th 2007):

Hey Folks,

Recently I was told that the producers of De La Guarda (www.delaguarda.com) were opening a new show in NY (thanks Hollis). With a bit of clicking and Googling I found Fuerzabruta! the newest production from the makers of the aforementioned De La Guarda. Many of you on this haphazardly assembled electronic mail list know me fairly well. That means you know I am a passionate person,especially when it comes to things i like to do/see/hear/enjoy. Well, I've yet to see Fuerzabruta! but I am giving it my 100% recommendation. If it means you have to take a weekend and travel to NYC exclusively to see this show do it. It will be worth every scent. I was lucky enough to see De La Guarda twice before it closed 4ish years ago. The show blew my mind, and the mind of every single person I took to see it. I could sit here and describe the show to you for pages and pages of text and you would still have not a single clue what to expect upon entering. With Fuerzabruta! I expect the same, if not better (as time ages the best things in the world). Expect a dance party, expect a mind altering theatrical experience, expect water, sex, tears, beats, rhythm, strobes, and confetti... better yet, enter expecting nothing. Just call me when those doors open onto Union Square and tell me how you feel.

The show runs 18 weeks only (when they say limited engagement they mean it). Tickets run $35 dollars before Oct24th and $70 dollars following. Rush tickets are available the day of performances for $25 dollars (line up early folks).

www.fuerzabruta.net


Forward this to people who care, and I'll see each and every one of you in Union Square.

Cheers,
Joe

Now having seen the show, and planning to see it again, I agree with Joe from the past. Fuerzabruta will blow your mind. Blown. You will dance, and you will feel emotions never before felt from a theatrical experience. I've been a Broadway fanatic since I was 15 years old, and Broadway's got nothin' on Union Square right now. If you have $25 US dollars, go wait in line and enjoy yourself. You won't be disappointed, that I guarantee. But don't go in there expecting Phantom of the Opera either, give me a break, and be primed to dance and explode.

I know you wanna see the trailer, well who am I to deny?



Rush tickets go on sale two hours before curtain time, line up early folks. Real tickets cost $70 US dollars and are available here: telecharge.com

This is a VERY limited engagement that will end in June of 08.

Find out more about Fuerzabruta! here: fuerzabruta.net

Find out more about De La Guarda here: delaguarda.com

Link for tickets (again) here: telecharge.com


No comments: